Thursday, October 28, 2010

EYE TO EYE---One Voter at a Time



Thank you to all of my friends---new and old---that came out to support the annual Mallard Creek BBQ, there was plenty of wonderful food & happy welcoming faces! My deepest gratitude goes to those of you that are taking the time to get out there and get to know those candidates you are voting for!!! I hope my dedication to serving you is evident, it is certainly authentic.

As the race is closing it jaws and the last days are dwindling, I ask you to make it to the polls and cast your vote. I ask you to consider how hard I am working. I ask you to both vote for me AND share your witness to my passion and zest for this job with someone I have not yet been able to touch.

It is so difficult to be everywhere, and with so little campaign funds I have primaily led this campaign on my own, one handshake and one friendship at a time. I trust that the relationships I have built will not only carry me to a victory on Tuesday but also be the foundation for a lasting friendship AND partnership that is reliable, reasonable, available, and accessible if you choose me to represent you!

If you haven't had the chance to meet me yet I like to talk but equally love to listen. If you have a question, concern, or words of encouragement I challange you to leave a post or call me directly at 704.606.1899.


This will not lead you to a recording. This is not some office of people answering a phone that will be disconnected next Wednesday. This is my phone, this is me! This has been my phone number for over 5 years and it will be my number for another 5 years NO LESS!!!

SO leave NO stone unturned!!! Call me. Blog. Text. Ask. I am candid, fired up and ready to take my passion for District 38 (Western Mecklenburg County and Center City) and our State at large to THIS senate seat!

Elect Cedric Scott NC Senate 38

NOW & NOV 2





photos courtesy of The Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/28/1794044/81st-annual-mallard-creek-barbecue.html)

No comments:

My Story

Scott is a life-long North Carolina resident, born and raised in Concord; he graduated from college with a Bachelor’s in Political Science in 1999 from Mars Hill College, although his zeal for public service did not begin there. “I learned at a young age that leadership and service would always be one of those things I couldn’t say no to,” remarks Scott as he reminisces about his early years in high school as Student Body President, and a leader on the football field. He mimicked these roles as he moved to college, taking seriously his place in student government, his place on the football field, and his place in the classroom. After college Scott remained in Asheville for nearly three years gaining valuable experience as a public servant.



Since 2002 when Scott returned to Charlotte, this candidacy will be his first attempt at building his identity in public service within his community. “I am proud of my community; these are good, hard-working people who--for too long--have been denied their voice; this is their right and--above all else--this will be my job,” says Scott on his hopeful election to NC State Senate for District 38.

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, Piedmont/North Carolina
Cedric Scott plans to represent Mecklenburg County in the NC State Senate District 38 in the November 2, 2010 election. He seeks to represent citizens who are currently disenfranchised and in need of the basic necessities for survival, from careers to healthcare. Scott’s background includes economic development and leadership experience from his work as Assistant Treasurer of Advantage West-North Carolina. He also assisted NC Supreme Court Justice Henry Frye and NC State Auditor Ralph Campbell in the 2000 Election with community outreach and campaign events in Western North Carolina. More recently, Scott’s experience in the mortgage finance industry has given him a unique perspective into the crisis that’s facing many of the citizens of Mecklenburg County. He notes, “My familiarity with mortgages and this housing crisis is just one aspect of who I am---it is just a single part of what I have to offer my community.” Scott is a life-long North Carolina resident, born and raised in Concord; he graduated from college with a Bachelor’s in Political Science in 1999 from Mars Hill College.

Followers