Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thank You Everyone!

Wow! 15,319 people in West Mecklenburg voted to support my grassroots campaign for NC State Senate District 38! Not bad for a "newcomer" with no name recognition, just a passion for speaking the truth, serving the people and protecting the futures of our children.

Thank you: Rudean's Restaurant, Claiborne's Lounge, Beatties Ford Hardware, Quillie III Haberdashery, Tabernacle Baptist Church, Charlotte Mecklenburg Republican Women, Don Reid's Skyland Breakfast Group, Steele Creek AME Zion Church, Greater Mount Moriah Baptist Church, The Tuesday Morning Forum, NC Police Benevolent Association, Inc., Free the Vote NC, National Rifle Association, Black Political Buzz, The Charlotte Post, The Charlotte Observer, The County News, The Ballantyne Scoop, League of Woman Voters, MeckGOP, Google, YouTube, and all of the churches and organizations who printed or spoke my name as a candidate for NC State Senate 38.

A special thank you to the friends and family who supported me all the way: Christine & Chris, Pinchy & Brad, Jimmy, Abdul, Grandma Molly, Nee & Squirrel, Anna & Mark, Dave, JB, Will, Curt M., Bill White, The Merrell Family, Carol and Mark, Virginia, Foot, Chastine, Mike, Coca, Nate, Daryl, Sophia, Keyes, Shareef, Ann, Sal Guzzetta, Dr. Peery.

To my children Jailen, Seth, Selah and Nora you can do anything with God, faith and family at your side! Thank you for the handwritten campaign business cards and the many words of encouragement. I am honored to have such thoughtful, smart, funny, compassionate and loving children!

To Michelle, the love of my life, I could not have done this without you! Your support and patience is the backbone for all of my endeavors. We make a great team!

To the 15,319 voters who voted for me, here I stand! Here I stand to represent your interest and support all of your community efforts. Thank you for all of your emails and phone calls in support of my future political campaigns. Please feel free to call or email me anytime. I will always be here for you!

Look for me on the ballot in the near future!

1 comment:

KaySlay said...

Mr. Cedic Scott!!! I met you by canvassing your neighborhood last Saturday. I came to check out your blog to see what you were all about and I must say that I am surprised to see that you haven't written anything for this blog since last year. I wanted to see what exactly you're doing out in your community as far as grassroots goes, and what separates you from other self-absorbed politicians that I've met that believe in grassroots but aren't very familiar with the work that goes along with it

My Story

Scott is a life-long North Carolina resident, born and raised in Concord; he graduated from college with a Bachelor’s in Political Science in 1999 from Mars Hill College, although his zeal for public service did not begin there. “I learned at a young age that leadership and service would always be one of those things I couldn’t say no to,” remarks Scott as he reminisces about his early years in high school as Student Body President, and a leader on the football field. He mimicked these roles as he moved to college, taking seriously his place in student government, his place on the football field, and his place in the classroom. After college Scott remained in Asheville for nearly three years gaining valuable experience as a public servant.



Since 2002 when Scott returned to Charlotte, this candidacy will be his first attempt at building his identity in public service within his community. “I am proud of my community; these are good, hard-working people who--for too long--have been denied their voice; this is their right and--above all else--this will be my job,” says Scott on his hopeful election to NC State Senate for District 38.

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, Piedmont/North Carolina
Cedric Scott plans to represent Mecklenburg County in the NC State Senate District 38 in the November 2, 2010 election. He seeks to represent citizens who are currently disenfranchised and in need of the basic necessities for survival, from careers to healthcare. Scott’s background includes economic development and leadership experience from his work as Assistant Treasurer of Advantage West-North Carolina. He also assisted NC Supreme Court Justice Henry Frye and NC State Auditor Ralph Campbell in the 2000 Election with community outreach and campaign events in Western North Carolina. More recently, Scott’s experience in the mortgage finance industry has given him a unique perspective into the crisis that’s facing many of the citizens of Mecklenburg County. He notes, “My familiarity with mortgages and this housing crisis is just one aspect of who I am---it is just a single part of what I have to offer my community.” Scott is a life-long North Carolina resident, born and raised in Concord; he graduated from college with a Bachelor’s in Political Science in 1999 from Mars Hill College.

Followers